Organised by Moneylife Foundation.
List of Speakers in Order of Appearance
Introduction by Sucheta Dalal
- T.S. Krishnamurthy, former chief election commissioner
2. S.S. Mundra, ex. chairman and managing director, Bank of Baroda, former deputy governor, Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3. Dr. Anil Khandelwal, ex. chairman and managing director, Dena Bank and Bank of Baroda
4. Jaganmohan Rao. ex. principal chief general manager, Department of Banking Supervision, RBI, former, managing director Bank Note Paper Mill Pvt Ltd.
5. V Santhanaraman, former executive director, Bank of Baroda
6. Anupam Saraf, board member Moneylife Foundation
7. Kaza Sudhakar, former principal general manager at RBI
8. U.S. Paliwal, former executive director at RBI
9. D Sarkar, former chairman and managing director, Union Bank of India
10. Debashis Basu, journalist and founder Moneylife Advisors
11. Walter Viera, trustee Moneylife Foundation
12. Hemindra Hazari, independent analyst (51:00 – 56:55)
13. Gyan Sudha Misra, former judge Supreme Court of India
14. Jamshed Mistry, special invitee Moneylife Board
I met him first as a director of CDSL of which I was the first MD in 1999. He represented Bank of Baroda who had invested Rs 10 cr on my persuasion of the CMD then. He struck me as an original thinker and was not exactly persuasive in dealing with Anand Rathi who represented BSE. He supported me along with two other bank Directors to teach some lessons to Anand Rathi in corporate meeting manners.
Subsequently I had a few occasions to meet him. In his capacity in later years he retained his frankness , bordering on some bluntness when warranted. I liked him for these qualities.